Tattoo ID® Business Edition
Labeling Features & Benefits
Desktop publishing design features
- Improved user interface with selectable theme.
- CMYK and RGB color selection.
- Rotate label for easy design and editing.
- Design custom reusable fields
- Full-Page layout mode-see the entire page, not just one label.
- Scratch area outside of page boundaries.
- Toolbar for easy access to features.
- Format Text Bar for quick changing of fonts, layers, text and bar code objects.
- Rotate any object at any angle.
- Group objects for easy manipulation.
- Undo, 1 - 100 levels.
- Multi level zoom.
- Layering with a master layer (Control which layers print).
- Rulers with configurable units (Inches, Dec. Inches, Millimeters, Centimeters, Points, Twips, Picas).
- Guides for easy object placement (100 in all).
- Alignment and spacing tools for easy object layout.
- Constrained movement.
- Multiple object selection methods.
- Resize all objects on the screen or singularly, rectangular resize or proportionate resize.
- Numerous text styles ( Normal, Expanded, Condensed, Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikeout).
- Control text character width independent of height.
- 40+ preferences to custom configure your work environment.
- Add printable or nonprintable comments stamped with editors initials anywhere on the label.
- Freeform mark up of label with "pen- like" capabilities to circle, underline, etc.
- Spell checker gives you confidence in text accuracy.
- Configurable auto save to recover data if your system crashes
- Passwords for editing or printing
- Multiple labels on a page -- each label can contain different fields with different information.
- Constant objects remain the same from one label to the next.
- Serial numbers increment or decrement on every label, every other label, or every X number of labels.
- Merge/Link Fields merge information from dBASE, Clipper, FoxPro, CSV Text or Windows CardFile databases and display the information on the label.
- Prompt At Print-Time fields can have a new value every time the label is printed, or you may enter the number of times that you wish to use the same value for the field.
- Tattoo ID supports 42 different date and time formats.
- ODBC object connectivity allows you to import Text, Bar code, and Picture fields from external database sources onto the label or template.
- Formula data type allows for calculation or concatenation of different label objects into string, number or date format.
- Includes over 1700 predefined label stock formats (3M, Brady, Avery, Compulabel, Eltron, EPC, Interstate, Kassoy, Maco, MASC, MEI, Nashua, NEBS, Seton, Silver Soft, United AD, Visible, Wieland, Z-Label and more).
- Includes hundreds of label templates (AIAG ANSI, AT&T, CTI, DOD, EIA, GM, JC Penny, K-Mart, Sears, UCC, Wal-Mart and more).
- Interactive Templates (The template prompts you for any required data. Create your own and specify which fields will prompt user).
Bar code features
- Helpful bar code specifications and hints for each symbology.
- Supports over 30 options including: Code 39, 128, 93 11, UPC, EAN, Bookland-EAN, Interleaved 2 of 5, Industrial 2 of 5, MSI/Plessey, Codabar, POSTNET, FIM, PDF417 and Maxicode, DataMatrix and Aztec.
- Specify the density of your bar codes in Dots, CPI, Mil, Percentage and Approximate Width.
- Interactively resize your bar codes to fit the exact space available with no need to guess the appropriate density.
- Import and export pictures from 28 different graphics formats and hundreds of variants, including: JPEG, Kodak Photo CD, Photoshop 3.0, TIFF, PNG CompuServe Graphic Format, PCX, GIF, Windows & OS/2 BMP, Windows Metafile, Postscript Raster (EPS), WPG, TARGA, MSP, Mac Paint, GEM, CALS, Sun Raster, CMP.
- Configure database connection without leaving software (Access, Excel, SQL, Oracle, General OLE, ODBC or Text file)
- Preview Data in ODBC Template Design
- Access multiple data tables and use multiple databases per label
- ASCII Text Files (CSV, TXT data source support (Mail Merging)
- Extensive error handling options are available to handle errors that may occur at print time: Clipped Fields, Invalid Pictures, Invalid Bar Codes, High Resolution Bar Codes (hard to read), Empty Fields, and Empty Labels. After printing, Tattoo ID provides a summary report indicating any errors that may have occurred.
- Tattoo ID provides tracking of data printed on labels by allowing you to log the data to a file each time the label is printed.
- Supports any Windows-compatible printer.
- Send file as email attachment
Help and documentation
- Redesigned, easy-to-use help screens.
- On-line help with hints and tips for bar coding and label design.
- Helpful label design wizards